Monday, November 10, 2014

American Soldier

 What is the most powerful image from the slideshows? Why?
















I think photo #78 is the most powerful. I think this because the photo really makes you feel so happy. Ian's mom sees him as he comes into the gym and starts crying. It reminded me of family and how much love there is in family.

At home in denver: Photos #1-7
At basic training: Photos #8-22
In Iraq: Photos #23-70
Back Home: Photos #71-82

Which set of images was the most powerful? Why?
I think set 3 was the most powerful. To see Ian change and go through that emotional experience was amazing. He works so hard and goes through so much in the time he is gone.

How do the images work together to tell a story?
The images are in chronological order so they show Ian's journey throughout the army training and experience.

For the photos in which Ian is the main subject of the photos, in what tense are the verbs usually written?
The photos are usually written in present tense.

How do the captions enhance the photographs?
The captions explain and convey aspects of Ian's story that the reader can't get just by looking at the picture. They pull the viewer in and make the photographs more interesting.
Ian, a newly trained soldier, stands at a salute on a Friday morning waiting to get dismissed for breakfast. His fellow soldiers left the bunks without him so he was late to inspection. "I was scared out of my mind," Ian said. "I was already on a thin line with my commander."

Ian and his fellow soldier Mark participate in a training operation called the "Black Box." The last time Ian attempted this operative, he failed miserably with a 0% score. "I know Ian will ace the Black Box this time," Mark says. 

Ian and his fleet stand and gaze over the camp grounds. Recently, The fleet completed a mission that ranked them up to the next level. "I'm so proud of everyone in my fleet. They're basically my family," commader Jeff says. 


No comments:

Post a Comment