Friday, October 3, 2014

Academic Shoot reflection and critique

1. What challenges did you encounter while trying to get the photos following the rules I set out for you? 

I was very  hard to get a rule when people are in the classroom setting. People move around the classroom so if you saw a shot you could take and someone moved you it was ruined. It's just very hard because you have act quickly when you take photos in the classrooms.

2. What technical aspects of photography or the assignment in general (focus, framing, holding the camera, etc.) did you find yourself thinking about the most? Provide a specific example of what you did to do this correctly.

I thought of holding the camera the most because I wanted to take move picture vertically than horizontally. When I took picture in the IPC class, I was able to do this.

3. If you could do the assignment again, what would you do differently now that you know some basic rules of photography?

I would try to follow the rules better than I did. I was more focused on other aspects such as the subject and the focus that I didn't follow the rules as well as I could've.

4. What things would you do the same?

I would go to the same place because there were a lot of photo opportunities in the classrooms I visited.

5. When you go out with your next set of prompts, which rule do you think will be the easiest to achieve?

Rule of thirds. It easy to get because all you have to do it move the camera so the subject is place in the corner quadrants.

6. Which rule do you think will be the hardest to capture?

I feel balance is the hardest to capture because you can't just think about balance when you take a picture. a lot of times its just there. so when you go look back through them you realize a lot of good pictures you could've used are unbalanced. Also, when you try to balance a picture, by the time it's balanced, the photo opportunity is usually gone.

7. What rule are you still not totally clear on and what can you do to figure out what that rule is?

simplicity. I can look up examples of pictures with simplicity and then look up the the definition of the rule.


http://ericsphotojournalblog.blogspot.com/2014/10/academic-shoot-framing.html?showComment=1412700525403#c8784445049059690059

No comments:

Post a Comment