Thursday, October 23, 2014

Love and Loss

1. What emotions did you feel as you worked your way through these images?
As I first started going through the photos, I felt uncertainness because I didn't know what the picture were going to be but soon after, I found out. Then I knew what these photos were about and I felt sorrow and depression from looking at the picture of this poor woman slowly deteriorating. After going through the photos, I had a feeling of loss but at the same tim happiness.

2. The photographer said this: "These photographs do not define us, but they are us." What do you think about this comment now that you have looked at the photos?
I think it's so true and so inspiring to people going through the same thing. A lot of people who have loved ones with cancer soon only think about the disease and not giving their loved one the best life they can get. This quote shows that the cancer didn't effect how they loved each other but it did capture their last experiences together.

3. Do you think you could shoot photos like this if you were in this situation?
No. I wouldn't because i could never get myself to look at them. Losing a loved on is not something I've gone through left but I don't think I will handle it very well so I  wouldn't want to document it.

4. If you could write Angelo a letter, what would you say to him?
I would tell him how amazing and inspiring to me. His emotional strength has allowed him to capture his love and loss in a beautiful array of photos. He has inspired me to be stronger through the hard times in my life and love with all of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment