Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Student Of The Month Final

SOTM: Clara Owsald


Clara Owsald, a freshman at Bowie High School, has been awarded the April 2015 student of the month.

The decade old tradition of the student of the month is awarded to the student that has a positive academic attitude and has positively affected Bowie through their service and academic achievement.

She was given the award at the April Assembly held in the courtyard of Bowie.
“It feels really good that all of my hard work finally paid off,” Owsald said. “I take all Pre-AP classes and try to serve my community and school the best I can while at the same time, getting good grades. Although I don’t get a reward, the real prize is knowing I did my best.”
She was able to give a speech at the assembly about how she wants to instill high academic standards at Bowie to further improve the school and it’s students.
“I want to uphold the standards of being a good student throughout high school,” Owsald said. “Doing your best in high school gets you prepared for college and can potentially set you up to be successful in life. I believe that everyone should try their best and I think that when they try their best, they will be successful in everything they do.”
Friends and Family were also present at the assembly to support Owsald for the award.
“I’ve never been so proud of Clara,” said Mary Owsald, Clara’s mother.  “She works so hard and has made me so happy to call her my daughter. Ever since she was young, Clara has always worked so hard to do her best and be successful.”
         Owsald is very involved in school, but also committed other activities outside of her academic life.
         “Outside of school, I am a counselor and active member of girl scouts as well as apart of Earth club at Bowie,” Owsald said. “I am able to help others through counseling and at Earth Club, I work on different projects to support the environment.”
         As well as other activities she also has hobbies she does in her free time.

         “In my free time, I love to read and draw,” Owsald said. “I especially love to read Syfi and Fantasy Novels such as The Lightning Thief and Hunger Games.”

No comments:

Post a Comment