Monday, January 5, 2015

Welcome Back!

This photo is one of my favorite of the year because it shows an important piece of history that will still be talked about for years. The shooting of an unarmed teen in Furguson Missouri was a big deal in the United States since the police officer who shot him was not deemed guilty. Throughout Missouri people were outraged and protested. This case is one that will be known for a long time.

This photo is also one of my favorites because I personally connect with it. To be able to marry someone that I love when I'm older is so great and I'm so thankful for it. People in country are finally given the right to be with someone no matter their gender or sexuality. This is breathtaking and I'm proud of my country for taking this huge step forward.

This is one of my favorites because just like the second one, we have taken a huge step in the right direction facing the issue of same-sex marriages. The pope announced that he didn't have anything against two people being together of the same sex. This was a worldly announcement and was so amazing.

1. What was the best song of 2014?

For the best song of 2014, I chose Blank Space by Taylor Swift. I chose this because I have listened to this song the most this year. when Taylor Swift dropped her new album, everybody was raving about how amazing it was. When Blank Space came out, the song was playing on the radio left and right and it instantly because the #1 song on iTunes and Amazon. Later on in the year, the music video came out and people were astonished about taylor new style of video and crazy look. Taylor Swift revolutionized the music industry yet again with her new song. I honestly think this song it the bomb.com

2. What was the best movie of 2014?

This movie left me and America's teenage girl population in tears. After reading the book I vowed I would be at the midnight showing of this movie. Honestly, this movie did a wonderful job of capturing the key moments of the book with out leaving out the amazing quirky parts too. This movie was just like book…Amazing. John green did an amazing job making sure that this movie fully captured the cute but also dreadfully sad moments of the story he wrote. 

4. Who was the most important person of 2014?

Jennifer Lawrence has appeared in many movies, talk shows, and TV shows in the year of 2014 making her the most important person on 2014.She has become the inspiration for many teens in America being a strong female who isn't afraid to say what she thinks. Her funny and sarcastic yet bubbly personality has made her the spotlight of different talk shows and the entertainment industry. Jennifer is an amazing actress and she portrays a character in one of my favorite moves of all time, The Hunger Games. 

5. What was the biggest sports OR entertainment story OR sports/entertainment person of 2014?

The biggest sports story of 2014 was the Fifa World Cup by far. This summer I went to an international camp for music and the world cup was all everybody was talking about. They even stopped a concert to announce who won the world cup! It was insane. although I don't like sports it was huge part of my summer because fit was all everybody talked about. 



1. Tell me what is the one thing that happened on your holiday that you will remember? It can be a trip, a family visit, a present, something fun.
I WENT TO LONDON!!!!! it was an amazing trip because I got to see so much and people made a big deal about our band being there so we were basically celebrities. I got to ride the London Eye, see Big Ben and visit Oxford University. 

2. What are your resolutions for the 2015 year?
My resolutions for the new year are to hopefully make drum major for the next marching season coming up, and make all state band. 

3. What are you looking forward to in 2015?
A new marching season and a great summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment